One of the things that designers need to keep up with is all the different branding guidelines and specs from all the different networks and services like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Flickr (just to mention a few).
I have developed several PSD freebies over the years, but a site I’ve found useful (mainly to take out the specific sizes I need the images to be in) is Social Media Image Maker by Autre Planete. They have this smart site that lets you resize and slightly retouch your images.
These are the services they set up for you: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, Flickr, Vimeo, Pinterest, Skype, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Gravatar, Xing, Viadeo, Slideshares, Foursquare, About.me
Give them a try!
Good morning! It’s Friday, it’s nice outside and surprise surprise, there’s a new update for a very cool iPhone app: Photoshop! It was called Photoshop Mobile, now it’s Photoshop Express. In it’s version 1.3, this is an upgrade that offers initial iPad support, bug fixes and performance improvements.
The big improvements are made on the iPad side:
- Support for portrait and landscape orientations
- Redesigned Online, Edit, and Upload workflows
- Work on multiple photos in sequence from within a single workflow
- Redesigned Organizer view with simplified album sharing
- Updated icons and visuals that make it easier to navigate and use the Editor
- Upload to Photoshop.com and Facebook simultaneously
The iPad users get the sweetest part of the deal on this update… Is this a sign that I have to buy an iPad? You tell me! 🙂
You can find this update by clicking here (iTunes link)